I have had flu symptoms that are progressively getting worse.

Question
I have had flu symptoms that are progressively getting worse. Started with bad cough and stuffy nose on Saturday and now overwhelming fatigue and three days of low grade 100 degree fever. The nasal fluid is clear but I have coughed up some green mucus. It hurts to cough and slight headache from sinus pressure. I am on vacation in Southern California so looking to see this getting worse including the major fatigue is normal for the current flu. Or if it could be pneumonia. How long is this lasting and can I please get any kind of prescription to relieve the sinus pressure and cough and fatigue. Thank you XXXXXXX Britt
Tue, 6 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Eni 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be a pneumonia due to low immunity

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I have read your question and I understand your concern.
What you have described are the common symptoms of flu. The low grade fever, runny nose, fatigue etc fit all in the clinical presentation of flu. But you have to know that when a flu lasts long, and the patient is traveling or is tired and exhausted, then the immune system gets weak and this is the opportunity for bacteria to multiply and infect the respiratory tract. The green mucus, major fatigue etc are signs that your condition may be worsening.
This is way I recommend you to see a doctor as soon as possible. He/she may be able to listen to your lungs and to do a thorough examination and evaluation. Then continue antibiotic treatment according to the suspected organism.
What I can do from here, is to help you with some information. A normal flu shouldn't last more than 6-7 days. You can get Naphazoline nasal spray decongestant for your sinus pressure, and you need to drink a lot and eat soup and stay hydrated to help with cough and fatigue.
You should follow these tips until you get better or decide to see a doctor. I would recommend the second option.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.

Answered by Dr. Eni 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome!

Detailed Answer:
It is my pleasure to help you!
Manoku Eni M.D.

Follow-up: I have had flu symptoms that are progressively getting worse. 2 minutes later
Thank you