question-icon

I have had an itchy Anus for 2 months off

Posted on Sat, 23 Mar 2019
Question: I have had an itchy Anus for 2 months off and on. Seems to be inside.then today I had foul smelling yellow beige mucus come out of my anus. Can I wait to see my dr or go to the ER and what is it.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (51 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably internal hemorrhoids, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to internal hemorrhoids.

I suggest to do a stool test to exclude other possible causes.

I recommend using an anti hemorrhoids cream for local application such as Preparation H.

I also recommend to use Levocetirizine 10 mg daily to relieve the itching.

I suggest cleaning the area around the anus with plain water or mild soap and a soft washcloth once daily.

I also suggest to avoid coffee, cola, alcohol, citrus fruits, chocolate and spicy foods that may cause diarrhea.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi