I have had an irritation of the lips for 3
Kindly a photo is needed to help through the diagnosis.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
A photo would be very helpful through the diagnosis.
If it is a fungal infection you can apply an over-the-counter antifungal cream, such as clotrimazole, then topical hydrocortisone 1% ointment an hour later.
You can do this two to three times per day.
I also recommend using oral medication such as Fluconazole 150 mg one tablet a day for three days.
This is also a prescription medication, so you should consult your doctor before using it.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?