I have had alternating blocked nostrils for one year completely
HIV 2 needs separate HIV PCR specific for HIV 2.
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
Thanks for posting your query.
Your symptoms are unlikely to be due to HIV.
Yes, both HIV 1 and 2 can cause AIDS. But the prevalence of HIV 2 infection is less than 1% throughout the world except for certain parts of XXXXXXX
HIV PCR tests are more confirmatory 3-4 weeks after the exposure, even though it can detect the presence of infection still earlier.
As far as PCR is concerned or antigen detection tests are concerned, we have to go for separate PCR tests for HIV 1 and 2.
HIV 2 RNA PCR test is available with few laboratories.
Feel free to ask further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...