Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

123 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have had a small amount of pain on the

Answered by
Dr. Yogesh D

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 884 Questions

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have had a small amount of pain on the left side of my lower abdomen. It started out as a burning sensation whenever I ate and I have been treating it as the stomach but I don’t have diarrhea and it is hard to poop. Stretch marks over the area are beginning to appear over the area and it feels like I’m being cut from the inside. Could this still be a cause of the stomach flu?
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be looked at by a surgeon without delay.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Ask a Doctor Service,

I have gone through your description of the problem and understand your concern.

If there are stretch marks appearing in the same area as the pain and if you have difficulty passing stools, then it could be a tumor growing in the colon.

This needs to be looked at by a surgeon to rule out a cancerous growth from the colon or from the abdominal wall.

I would be able to guide you further if you can provide some more details about the issue.

1. Since how long have you been having this pain?

2. Since when did you start experiencing the difficulty in passing stools and the stretch marks?

3. Have you noticed any fresh blood in stools?

4. What is your age and gender?

5. Do you have anyone in the family that has had a colonic cancer or rectal cancer, or any other type of cancer?

6. Can you feel any lump with your fingers when you feel in the area?

7. Could you upload a photo of the affected area?

It is essential for a proper and accurate diagnosis to be made in order to suggest you the right treatment, so I request you to consult your local doctor and get your self diagnosed first by undergoing ultrasound scan or MRI scan of the affected part.

Feel free to write back to me if you have any doubts.

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on