I have had a cough for 4 days. No fever
A common cold situation
Hello and welcome in HCM
I can understand your concern
According to the history you provide it seems like a common cold this situation.The fact that there is no fever it's a good sign and is also an indication that antibiotics are not needed and not helpful.
Yes I recommend you to continue for some days codein and paracetamol to relieve the throat discomfort.Try to do a rest too. Usually it lasts for maximally one week.If lasts more, than better to consult your doctor
Nevertheless you should keep in mind that after a common cold the cough might lasts for up to one month in some cases.
In my opinion you should not worry so much.
Regards and feel free to contact me again
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Are pulmonary function tests advisable for diagnosing COPD?
- Suggest natural remedies for insomnia
- Suggest treatment for COPD in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for pain in the ribs
- What causes cold while on Dextromethorphan?
- What causes constant pain in the ribs after injury?
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the lungs
- Suggest treatment for dry cough and pain in the ribs
- What causes fever and crackling sound in the cough?
- What causes frequent urination along with zits on the chest and face?