I have had HA MRSA and the physical theiripst said

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Wed, 28 Mar 2018 in General Health
Question: I have had HA MRSA and the physical theiripst said I had septic arthritis probably from it and I really donot get much help from my doctors because I got the MRSA while I was hospitalised for pnomonia 3 years ago. I also need to know how contagious the MRSA is. Thank You XXXXXXX I
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MRSA is very contagious, follow strict hygiene practices

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic for your health concern

Both Hospital and community acquired MRSA is very contagious. People who live in close proximity to you, people who have weakened immune system, older individuals and young children are at increased risk.

Wash your hands regularly and use hand sanitizer
Clean shared gym equipment and such with antiseptic lotion
Wash your linens and towels regularly especially if sharing with others
Do not share razors or other sharp personal products

If you currently have active staph infection, then antibiotics linezolid are required. Even if you do bot have any active symptoms, hygiene practices need to followed as carrier state is common.

Following septic arthritis, it will take time for pain to.completely subside. Continue physical therapy. You can also take Advil 400 mg every 6 hours to relieve pain of needed.

Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarification
Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
I am currently single and wanting to have an affair with a lady and need to know the definition of "carrier state" and what to explain the situation to the lady. Thank You. Also will I always have the septic arthritis?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,

Carrier state means that your body colonize MRSA bacteria even though you do not have any active symptoms. Most carriers harbor MRSA bacteria on skin surface and in nasal cavity. So you can shred bacteria and transmit it to others. Nasal swab culture can confirm if you are a carrier or not. That is why it is recommended to follow good hygiene practices especially when coming in contact with high risk population like older and younger individuals, and people.with weakened immune system.

No, you will not always septic arthritis. Antibiotic treatment will completely clear up the joint infection. However, for some people the infection may have damaged the joint cartilage and it can take time for the cartilage to completely grow back and recover. Continue physical therapy to help fast recovery.

Dr.Lekshmi
Follow up: Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 3 hours later
Thank You, you have been a great help for my situation.
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
And thank you for trusting us
Please let me know if you have any more questions
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad