I have genetic neuropathy in my feet - it is

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Sun, 24 Mar 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have genetic neuropathy in my feet - it is a partial numbness and a feeling like they are slightly swollen (though I don't think they are). It is spreading up my shins. Is there anything I can do to stop or reverse this. I take vit B complex - my brother who is 12 yrs older and also has this says I should take dissolvable B12. He also gave me a Dr Ho's electrical stimulator. Are either of these useful. thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regarding Vutamon B 12 and its role in nerve pathology

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Vitamin B12 / Methylcobalamin is a neurotropic factor that is it assists nerve regeneration and therefore could be helpful but I am not too sure about electrical stimulation. I don't think electrical stimulation has any role in neuropathy. A liquid form or injectable Vit B12 is going to be more bio available than a tablet form.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj