I have extreme pressure in my pelvic region. It feels
Probably prostatitis, kindly share some more details
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms can be related to prostatitis.
Some other details are needed to help me through the diagnosis.
Do you have painful urination or difficulty while urination?
Do you have fever or chills?
Do you have blood in urine?
Meanwhile, I would also recommend doing a urinalysis and ultrasound abdomen.
If the diagnosis is confirmed prescription based antibiotics needed.
In our daily practice, we often use Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day for seven days.
You can discuss with your doctor about this treatment.
You can also use painkillers such as Acetaminophen (Tylenol) 500 mg three times a day.
Avoid food that triggers symptoms, such as spicy foods, and caffeine.
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
I appreciate your information and I will contact my urologist.
Probably prostatitis, follow the advice that I give above.
Hi again dear,
I read carefully your answer.
In my opinion your symptoms seem to be related to a form of prostatitis.
I recommend doing the examinations that I mentioned above to confirm the diagnosis and take proper treatment.
Meanwhile, I suggest you to use Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms.
I also recommend to drink liquids.
I am glad that I could help you.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?