I have experienced over the last 18 months more headaches

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2019 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have experienced over the last 18 months more headaches than usual. Last year whilst taking a long holiday in Menorca I found that my head did not feel quite right as it hurt when I sneezed or coughed. There seemed to be a tightness around my head which led me to twitch and to try and stretch my forehead. I do have a permanent ringing in my ears and up until last November I have had a lot of wax in my ears. I did see a doctor who examined me and said he felt it wasn't serious and gave me some tablets. They were not a total success but I did feel relief.
I am at this moment experiencing the feeling again and this has been continuing since November and I do have every day a mild headache and the urge to keep stretching my head. I take Anadin extra sometimes when its a bit worse. Since I had my ears treated with microsuction my hearing has deteriated probably by about 15% and. I have had a NHS medical recently as I am now 70 and my blood pressure and general health seemed OK. I walk 2 miles most days and feel OK apart from my feeling as it is. I have noticed that my nasal passage becomes bunged up during sleep and wonder if this could be an underlying problem
Follow up: Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 0 minute later
I have experienced over the last 18 months more headaches than usual. Last year whilst taking a long holiday in Menorca I found that my head did not feel quite right as it hurt when I sneezed or coughed. There seemed to be a tightness around my head which led me to twitch and to try and stretch my forehead. I do have a permanent ringing in my ears and up until last November I have had a lot of wax in my ears. I did see a doctor who examined me and said he felt it wasn't serious and gave me some tablets. They were not a total success but I did feel relief.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably symptoms are related to chronic sinusitis, follow the advice below

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to chronic sinusitis.

I would recommend you to do some examinations to confirm the diagnosis.

The first examination that is recommended in daily practice is a nasal endoscopy.

I would also recommend a nasal culture for further evaluation.

Meanwhile, I would recommend to continue using anti-inflammatory medication to treat the headache such as Anadin extra.

I would recommend to use a saline nasal spray for local application.

If the diagnosis is confirmed, antibiotics may be recommended.

In this case I suggest Augmentin 625 mg twice a day.

It is a prescription medication so you should consult a doctor before the use.

I suggest you to drink liquids and use a humidifier at home.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 0 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer: