Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

I have erectile dysfunction. Whom do I need to contact now?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
i have erectile dysfunction.whom i need to contact now
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.
ERECTILE DYSFUNTION(ED) is inability to get or maintain an erection that is firm enough for a man to have intercourse.ED is common in adult men and almost all men are affected at some or other time.
Any difficulty in having or keeping an erection more than 25% of time it is considered a problem.
Most important causes for ED are
Diabetes,alcoholism,vascular diseases,prostate surgeries,spinal cord injuries
Medicines like antidepressants,anti allergic,tranquilizers etc
Lack of exercise and obesity.
Psychological factors like
Stress related to your work or family
Anxiety associated with sex because of prior bad experience
Inability to communicate with your partner.
Self treatment includes
Quitting smoking and alcohol
Loosing weight
Regular exercises
If these self care methods don't improve your ED then you may consult a urologist for the detailed investigation,sex counseling and treatment.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor