Ask a Urologist   »  

I have diabetes cholesterol and digestive problems as Gerd and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have diabetes cholesterol and digestive problems as Gerd and ibs.
My health issue is that I am passing urine very slowly and sometimes it gets blocked
From 1 yr urine Infections are recurring again and again
Is there any blockage in urine passage pls tell me
I have consulted urologist Dr here he has told it is urethral stenosis and do cystscopy
. I don't want to go for cystscopy
So I consulted another Dr but he saw uroflowmetry report and said that urine flow is OK. It is bcz of diabetes that fluctuates from high to low low to high and infections occurs. I am taking antibiotics from 1 yr
Dr pls u advise me bcz I have pain in both sides of kidney.
I am sending report Sonagraphy uroflowmetry .

Thank you Dr.

Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be die to Chronic Cystitis associated with uncontrolled Diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Helllo
Thanks for query ,
Based on the facts and reports that you have uploaded you seem to have Chronic Cystitis with uncontrolled Diabetes .

Your Uroflowmetry study does not reveal any obstructive pattern coupled with insignificant post void residual urine rules out possibility of Urethral Stenosis .

You have not mentioned about urine culture whether it has been done in reent times or not .

I would suggest you to get urine culture done and take appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

Strict control of diabetes and antibiotic should help to resolve your problem .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: I have diabetes cholesterol and digestive problems as Gerd and 22 minutes later
Dr I didn't get u
What means die of chronic cystitis. Pls tell me
I have done urine culture 1 month before it came normal.
Is uroflowmetry test normal.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Sorry for mistake

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Sorry for spelling mistake Please read it as due to Chronic Cystitis .

Your Uroflowmetry is near normal and does not reveal any obstruction with peak flow of 20 ml/sec and average flow of 8 ml/sec.

It is termed as Chronic Non Bacterial Cystitis where there are changes of inflammation of bladder mucosa but there is no evidence of bacterial infection detected on urine culture .and is very common in females .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Thank you dr

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for writing again

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for follow up
Continue taking medication. It should work for you
Thanks and Regards
Dr. Patil

Follow-up: I have diabetes cholesterol and digestive problems as Gerd and 2 days later
Hello dr
I have consulted urologist Dr he said that uroflowmetry report is not good. The pressure Is very less according to my age. My age is 39 years. I am a female and unmarried girl. He said that urine pipe has shrink and that y urine is not coming properly.
He said to do cystscopy.
But dr u don't want to go for cystscopy
I want to cure my diseases with help of medicines
To widen urethra pipe.
I have seen some urologist Dr YouTube video and he prescribed some medicine for obstruction of urine and infection to patient. Can I try this medicine.
Tablet cranpac d
Tablet urotone
Tablet Veltam.0.4mg
Tablet feezee cv 35 mg
If not u pls prescribed me medicines for urine issue.
Now I am taking medicine..
Tablet gluconorm.0.5
Tablet aztor10mg
Tablet Aciloc rd
Tablet Veltam 0.2 mg
Tablet Malida forte
Tablet neurobion Forte
Tablet Norflox 200 mg
Pls Dr I am tense a lot
I just want to solve my health issue with medicines and not cystscopy and home dilation
I am sending my sonagraphy reports,

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Narrowed Urethra can not be cured by medicine

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

I can understand yur concern but at the same time would like to state that narrowed urethra can not be cured with medicine.It is a mechanical obstruction and has to be dealt with Cystoscopic Urethral Calibration followed by self dilatation at home for couple of months .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: I have diabetes cholesterol and digestive problems as Gerd and 26 minutes later
OK dr
Thank you

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not worry Cystoscopic Calibration is very simple procedure

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing again .

Go ahead and get Cystoscopic dilatation done .It is a very simple procedure and there is nothing to be worried about.

Thanks and Regards.
dr.Patil.