I have developed mild shortness of breath over the last
You should get done spirometry and chest x ray.
Thanks for your question on Ask a doctor forum.
I can understand your concern.
Mobic is having meloxicam. It is Non Steroidal anti inflammatory drug (NSAIDS).
It directly can not cause breathlessness.
It can cause GERD which indirectly cause breathlessness but incidence of this is very very low.
So in my opinion, you should get done chest x ray and spirometry to diagnose cause for your breathlessness.
If you wish you can wait and watch after stopping this tablet.
Please let me know if you are smoker.
I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How can severe COPD be handled when it has worsened after quitting smoking?
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?