I have developed head tremors, a numb upper lip ,

Question
I have developed head tremors, a numb upper lip, and am losing fine motor skills such as writing, buttonning, typing. I am 58 years old with well controlled diabetes and hypertension but have stage 4 cirrhosis of the liver from a former infection.
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: I have developed head tremors, a numb upper lip , 3 minutes later
Forgot to mention hair loss, lots of it. Dr. checked my thyroid and it's fine.

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Parkinson's disease

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but I would recommend that you refer to a neurologist for a full neurological examination to either exclude or confirm Parkinson's disease.. Parkinson's disease is caused by failure of dopamine recreating cells to secrete dopamine which leads to tremors in one or more body parts , loss of fine motor movements , body pain and muscle rigidity.. these symptoms can be improved by administration of carbidopa-levodopa combination..I hope you find this helpful..

Follow-up: I have developed head tremors, a numb upper lip , 9 minutes later
Hoping you would not say that as my father passed away from Parkinson’s. Thank you for your suggestion. I will follow up with a Neurologist.

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sorry for your loss

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, hello again..I am sorry for your loss.. Parkinson's disease has a genetic predisposition but this does not mean that the progress of the disease will be the same as your father. Also early intervention slows down the progression and improves the outcome. I hope you find this helpful..

Follow-up: I have developed head tremors, a numb upper lip , 34 hours later
Thanks. That information makes me very happy. If I should receive that diagnosis it’s good to know that early detection can result in better management of the illness. I never knew that and am an RN. Also I had not considered Parkinson’s but was concerned as there are many brain issues in my family tree. My brother who is only one year older has been suffering from repeated hemorrhagic strokes for over ten years. My grandmother died of brain cancer after many many strokes over the years. My father had a brain scan when he first got his diagnosis that revealed he had had strokes. My aunt died at 51 from a cerebral hemorrhage. My mother has Alzheimer’s. So a visit to a neurologist is probably long overdue. Thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, you are welcome..

Kind regards..