I have been treated with 2 rds of antibiotics (zpak
My concern is yesterday, my home was tested for and found to have black mold. how can i gind if if have a %E2%80%9Cfungus%E2%80%9D infection. ? tiday is sunday. should i go to the ER
There is no need to go to ER if you dont feel very sick
Hi and Welcome to `Ask A Doctor` service.I have read your quesion and here is my advice.
Your concern is very right , pople do get panic afer hearing about black mold poisoning.Black mold is a type of fungus that can cause a numbr of symptoms due to allegy to the spors.The symptoms may well match thsoe which you have described, however you do not need to panic, and if you dont feel very short of breath, you do not need to be going to the ER.
The symtpoms may be runny nose, sneezing but inhaling the spores commonly cause cough, chest tighness and wheezing.it resembles a respiratory infection or flue and may be mistaken for these , so your symptos can be explained by it.
Though it can be dangerous, but very most of the times it does not cause any serious problem after a breif exposure. Any serious health problems if seen are if the exposure is persistent and for long times like years. In short term they dont cause any big problem most of the times.
You may see your doctor , and discuss the issue, when ever it was feasble for you.You may take antihistmines , like zyretic for the while being which may help your symtoms .
Hope this help you understand your query.Please do not hesitate if you have any further question or concern.
KInd Refard:Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol