I have been to the hospitals for test..Did ECG, Ultrasonic

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I have been to the hospitals for test..Did ECG, Ultrasonic Scan, Chest Xray, H.Pylori Test, Barium swallow and all Test showed normal.

I experience constant belching, Palpitations, Heartburns and i can hear my stomach cracking up and making some noise.

What could this be?
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear

After reading the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that as all your routine tests came out to be normal and considering your young age there is nothing to worry about and you just need to make some lifestyle modifications.

1. Sleep on time and wake up early.
2. Daily brisk morning walk for 45 mins a day for 5 days a week.
3. Avoid junk food as much possible.
4. Don't indulge in smoking at all.
5. Drink lots of water daily.
6. Include good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables in daily diet.

Follow these things regularly and you will be fine. Also if you feel to much heartburn you can use some proton pump inhibitor like Pantoprazole once daily.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: I have been to the hospitals for test..Did ECG, Ultrasonic 12 hours later
i was tasted positive for h pylori

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
In the initial query you said all tests were normal.

Anyways if H.pylori infection had been detected then it can very well be treated simply by medicines. There are various Triple drug therapy regimes recommended for its treatment. For eg one commonly used combination is

Omeprazole + Amoxicillin + Clarithromycin for 10 days.

Just consult personally with your doctor for initiation of proper treatment and you will be fine.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: I have been to the hospitals for test..Did ECG, Ultrasonic 14 minutes later
i took those since last month...no changes to my body...
i did h pylori test last month and it was positive. i was given antibiotics and I took them all..Yet no changes to my body..
sorry for the mistake. ..h pylori was detected last month (positive ) via blood test

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
If the symptoms are still persisting that means there could be treatment failure.

You have to repeat H. Pylori antigen test after 4 weeks of completion of medical therapy to confirm whether it's due to treatment failure.

Also it's advisable to consult a Gastroenterologist for proper evaluation.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: I have been to the hospitals for test..Did ECG, Ultrasonic 1 hour later
okay..what about the palpitations i am getting? should i ignore?
because its making me worried
...can h pylori cause palpitations?

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Don't take stress or be tensed as it also triggers palpitations. If they are occasional and don't bother you much you can safely ignore them. But if they are quite frequent and troubles ypu then you have to take a ambulatory HOLTER MONITORING for 24 to 48 hrs test.

No there is no documented connection between h pylori and palpitations.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap

Follow-up: I have been to the hospitals for test..Did ECG, Ultrasonic 7 hours later
Okay...but i heard about the vagus nerve...h pylori could trigger the vagus nerve for palpitations to occur
.is this possible?

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
There are few studies that have been conducted that associates H pylori with irregular heart beats but nothing has been established.

The important point here is to confirm whether the treatment which you have received was a success or not. That will decide all the further management and plan of action.

So kindly consult a gastroenterologist and get that test done.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello Again

Detailed Answer:
It’s been a pleasure.

Kindly close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks

Follow-up: I have been to the hospitals for test..Did ECG, Ultrasonic 3 minutes later
okay thanks