question-icon

I have been taking pantoprazole 40mg for at least 3

Posted on Thu, 7 Feb 2019
Question: I have been taking pantoprazole 40mg for at least 3 years and now have a benign polyp and cyst on my larynx according to my throat doctor. Should I be concerned about any connexity between the two and what if anything should I do?
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Polyp in your larynx then it's due to voice abuse, acid reflux

Detailed Answer:
Hii.

If you are having polyp in your larynx then it's due to voice abuse,overuse,acid reflux and not due to taking pantoprazole. Pantoprazole helps in preventing acid reflux and thus helps in preventing any vocal cord polyps.
Please consult ENT surgeon and opt for the options for treatment.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist