question-icon

I have been taking Keflex for over 2 weeks because

Posted on Sat, 16 Mar 2019
Question: I have been taking Keflex for over 2 weeks because of a back to back tooth surgery (2 rootcanals) and I noticed that after 2 weeks my penis head is getting irritated (stings) and had some tiny white spots on it. I noticed that one of the side effect of Keflex is Balanitis, which looks like what's happening to me right now. Should I quit the antibiotics? I only have 6 pills left anyway.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (42 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You can stop them send use clotrimazole.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think you are right on thinking you may have balanitis caused by keflex usage.
I think using it for two weeks is too long for a dental procedure so you can stop it now.

Also take clotrmazole cream which is a very good antifungal cream to get over this yeast infection.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka