I have been on heart medication for years as well
something strenuous, I became very aware of my blood pressure to be very high -- 176/95.
My pulse is normal, 65.
I would explain as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I understand your concern and would explain that a single spike in blood pressure does not indicate uncontrolled arterial hypertension.
It could be related to physical straining or anxiety.
For this reason, I would recommend you to closely monitor your blood pressure values in the next days, frequently during the day, in sitting position after 10 minutes of total relax.
If your blood pressure values are above the normal ranges (125/85mm Hg) most of the time, I would recommend increasing the dose of your antihypertensive drugs ( if you are taking any) or start them if you have not taken them until now.
I would like to know your current therapy.
In the meantime, I would recommend having some rest and taking a glass of lemon juice in order to help lower your blood pressure values. If high blood pressure values persist, going to the ER may be needed, because as you are taking blood thinners, you may be at an increased risk of bleeding.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr.Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?