I have been on Lisinopril for essential hypertention, I also
for essential hypertention,
I also have atrial fibrilation.
About a year ago the doctors took me off Lisnopril and put me on
Amiodarone and Lisinopril
work well together. I think
I should be on Lisinopril
It causes blood pressure to decrease
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Amiodarone is mainly used for arrhythmias (abnormal heart rhythms ) but it also affects blood pressure.
It can cause a lowering of blood pressure and because of this potential reduction of blood pressure, the other medication- lisinopril, was discontinued.
It is possible that the two may interact to cause your blood pressure to drop too low.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?