I have been having some changes in my cycle. I'm

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Wed, 3 Apr 2019 in Women's Health
Question: I have been having some changes in my cycle. I'm a 35 year old female. I have not been on birth control since I was 21, because the birth control I was taking caused severe depression. I use condoms with spermicide for birth control. It took a few years after stopping birth control for my cycle to "stabilize". Since then, I also have some mood swings before I start, and headaches after I stop. My last few periods have different. The one before this last one I bled for 10 days. This one I bled for the normal amount of time, then stopped for a few days, and am bleeding a pretty good amount again (along with some mild cramps). I've had excessive spotting both before and after over at least the last few months. Also, I've had very extreme mood swings. To the point where I don't even feel like me anymore. Very, very depressed. I am not pregnant (haven't had sex since Christmas, and have only had one sexual partner for the last decade.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Further evaluation needed

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I think you should be concerned because it is not a normal period but prolonged bleeding and bleeding or spotting in middle of the cycle ( menometrorragia).
There are different conditions that cause this problems, possibly fybromyoma that appear mainly in this age, possible hormone imbalance or other conditions.
You should get further evaluated by doing an ultrasound to see uterus and possibly a colposcopy to see the conditions of colum uteri.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng