I have been having occasional dizziness and palpitations. My resting
Probably symptoms related to rapid weight loss,some examinations are needed
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Your symptoms can be related to may medical conditions.
In my opinion the dizziness and palpitation can be related to rapid weight loss.
Cardiac problems such as heart arrhythmia should be excluded.
So, I recommend doing an electrocardiogram and an echocardiogram for further evaluation.
Thyroid problems should also be excluded.
So, I would also recommend doing a thyroid hormone level.
I would also suggest you to check cholesterol blood level.
Meanwhile I would recommend to avoid consuming caffeine and alcohol, which trigger the palpitation.
I also recommend using chamomile tea and practice relaxation exercises.
After the suggested examinations you can contact me again for further evaluation and specific treatment.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?