I have been having issues with constipation for a few
most cases not due to serious causes
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic
Nausea and pain can sometimes occur as a consequence of severe constipation in some persons.
Though the over counter meds can help somewhat with constipation, if they are used too often or too much, they can prevent the bowel from working on its own, they start to need these meds to have a bowel movement.
It would be best to use fluids , add a lot of fiber and activity- to help with bowel movements.
At least 5 servings of fiber should be used daily- this means a serving of fruit or vegetables can be taken with each main meal or snack and a fiber supplement can also be used as well (eg metamucil or benefiber etc)
Chills and a change in taste can be due to a mild viral infection , in most cases, viral infections last 1 to 2 weeks, if the symptoms are lasting longer or worsening, then you can be assessed by a doctor. Chills usually accompany a fever, so you should try and document your temperature when they are present
Since you do not have a primary care doctor, this may mean an emergency visit unless you can get an appointment with a GP in your area.
In most persons, this combination of symptoms, is not due to a life threatening condition but you can be assessed to determine the if a viral infection is present and the best course of action
In many cases, the use of fluids and paracetamol or ibuprofen (for the chills)- is helpful to reducing symptoms
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?