I have been having an issue with difficulty swallowing for
Given the list of possibilities below...
Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.
Difficulty in swallowing can be due to various causes .. like some pathological conditions or few simple life style habits.
- Personal habits of eating very big bites hurriedly/inadequate chewing,dry mouth,swallowing pills.....it is also difficult while talking,laughing or lying down position
chronic smoking,eating very hot food can cause the symptom.
-Acid reflux disease (GERD) ...causing esophagitis,epiglottis inflammation over a long time can cause it.
Pressure symptoms due to goiter/thyroid nodule can cause it.
-Inflammation of epiglottis by bacteria or viruses...having pain,inflammation &fever... can result in weak movements of epiglottis.
-nurogenic causes like diabetes,herpes infection involving nerves,brain stroke affecting nerve supply to epiglottis or Parkinson's disease may cause it.
-old age , throat or esophageal cancer may affect epiglottis.
The cause needs to be found by investigations &expert opinion ... so of the difficulty in swallowing persists for few weeks... one should seek expert opinion.
I hope that answers your query. A y follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?