question-icon

I have been experiencing what appears to be large bumps

Posted on Mon, 18 Mar 2019
Question: I have been experiencing what appears to be large bumps on my back (mostly) much like a very large Insect bite that itch like crazy. They mostly appear in the morning and most disappear as the day wears on. They appear sporadically on my back and buttocks. They range in size from a 1/2 to 3/4 inch in diameter.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (50 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hives

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps you have Hives. I suggest you to take an oral antihistamine e.g cetrizine 10mg tablet once a day for a few days. Topically you may use a soothing lotion e.g calamine lotion to calm down the rashes.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist