I have been experiencing some things that may or may
Muscle cramps maybe related to fever. Rest, fluids.
Welcome to Ask A Doctor Service.
I have studied your symptoms carefully.
You seem to be suffering from a viral fever or it could be deep vein thrombosis or localised infection in the legs (cellulitis) if there is associated redness, local tenderness in the calf.
Viral fevers are very often associated with muscle cramps, headaches and joint pains.
I suggest you to visit the ER if there is any redness and swelling with severe pain on touching the calf of your legs.
If there is absolutely no redness and swelling and not much pain on squeezing the calf, then you can take rest and take plenty of fluids, including fruit juices like orange juice etc, this will help in faster recovery.
The more serious causes for calf and back of the thigh pains and cramps need to be ruled out, hence it is advisable to visit the ER once and rule out the more serious of the causes.
You can take Motrin for the pain, or Acetaminophen 650 mg thrice a day for the fever.
I hope this answers your concern.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Abdominal pain, history of gall bladder disease. Overnight treatments?
- Bleeding from a razor cut. HIV infection chances?
- Had craniotomy done after accident. Can I masturbate now?
- Pregnant via IVF, second pregnancy. Problems with vaginal delivery?...
- How much does liver cancer surgery cost in Canada? Will Health Canada...
- Sore throat, abdominal pain. Blood work and strep test good. Had bowel...
- 3 week old baby, cries while passing urine, holds body tight while...
- Persistent red and pink urine, stressed. Serious?
- White discharge from surgery wound, pus from the internal stitches....
- What steps to take to lessen plaque in arteries and lower chances of...