I have been experiencing dizziness for awhile ...when I lean
I went through the details provided with diligence. Based on your description, you feel transient dizziness with sudden change in position of head. This is described as positional vertigo. It is usually caused by benign ear conditions. Other causes include metabolic disturbance.
If the problem persists, I will encourage you to see a doctor for ear examination. Hearing tests and metabolic blood workup would be ordered to confirm the cause.
Until you see the doctor avoid sudden change of position. Do not walk alone.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
Not the first response...
I apologize for the late reply. Chiropractor and ENT surgeon do perform specific maneuver and it helps in treating benign vertigo secondary to inner ear pathology. But we need to first rule out all other causes of vertigo. Therefore my recommendation is that you visit a doctor and get the tests done. It will help us identify the cause and then specific treatment either medications or the maneuvers.
Hope it helps. Let me know if you need any other clarifications.
Sincerely, XXXXXXX Donati
Glad I was helpful. If there are no more questions to me, please close this discussion and review.
Wish you a prosperous and happy New Year ahead.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...