I have been diagnosed with facial angioedema. they think it's

Excellent

Question
I have been diagnosed with facial angioedema. they think it's an allergy to dogs!
Also I have been taking Clonidine with Metroprolol for 15 years.
could I become allergic to my High Blood pressure Medication after 15 years? Are there blood tests available to find what the problem is?
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Resistance and allergy

Detailed Answer:
Angioedema is type of allergic reaction.
Person may develop resistance to blood pressure medication after few years so they may fail to control pressure. They do not develop allergy. Resistance and allergy are different mechanisms.
Yes an immunologist can ask for few blood test which can test for allergy. there are no blood tests for resistance but just frequent measuring BP can help identify resistance.