I have been diagnosed with an arachnoid cyst since 2008.
You could try the shots.
Thank you for posting your query.
I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and I would try my best to help you.
I have noted your clinical details. Based on this, you should try cortisone shots, as that would help you overcome pain. They are reasonably safe and we do not expect serious side effects.
Arachnoid cyst is an incidental finding in many people and it is not of any clinical consequence in most people (it can be left alone).
If migraines are still frequent, you could benefit from migraine-preventive medicines such as topiramate or divalproex.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
Yes, it could be due to infection.
Thank you for getting back.
Yes, the cyst-like swelling in eye could be due to infection. Even though it is on the same side as right frontal lobe arachnoid cyst, the two are not related.
Dr Sudhir XXXXXXX MD DM (Neurology)
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What does the EEG and MRI reports suggest?
- What causes fatigue with tingling and tremors in body?
- Suggest treatment for headache with back pain
- Suggest treatment for constant vertigo
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the right portion of body
- What causes constant headaches?
- Does PET-CT scan help identify cognitive dsyfunction?
- Suggest treatment for extensive white matter damage in brain
- Suggest treatment for migrane
- What does these EEG reports indicate?