I have been detected with SUA( Single Umbilical Artery )
Regular ultrasound scans will monitor fetal growth.
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.
Single umbilical artery is the most common umbilical abnormality. It is associated with higher incidence of poor fetal growth and a slightly increased risk for renal anomalies. Half to two-thirds of babies born with single artery in umbilical cord are born healthy and with no chromosomal or congenital abnormalities.
Since in the anomaly scan no renal abnormality has been detected there is no need to worry. To increase the fetal growth the supplements of L- arginine are helpful that your doctor has already prescribed.
You can travel with SUA. You only need to go for regular check up and ultrasound scans to assess a regular fetal growth.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...