question-icon

I have been dedected with Parenchymal echopattern of right breast

Posted on Fri, 22 Feb 2019
Question: I have been dedected with Parenchymal echopattern of right breast appears to be within normal limits. Small hypoechoic SOL noted in upper middle quadrant measuring 1.2 X 0.6 cm.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (48 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
FNAC will confirm the diagnosis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description,there is a small swelling in the Breast.FNAC (Fine needle aspiration cytology)will give a clue.If it is inconclusive,then the whole swelling has to be removed surgically and send for Histopathological examination (Biopsy).
Biopsy will give exact diagnosis.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (1 hour later)
Dear doctor, where is the best hospital in XXXXXXX where my wife can have FNAC done, as was suggested by you. And after how many days it can be done because the above-mentioned test was done just today.
And do think it's safe, as a foreign part (Needle) will be inserted, which may aggravate the problem if any.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (8 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Pathologist will do FNAC

Detailed Answer:
Hi
FNAC is a safe procedure.The needle that is used is sterile and harmless.You can consult any General Surgeon in your area.He will refer to a Pathologist who does FNAC.
Nothing to worry.
If you come back after FNAC report,I will clarify.
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon