question-icon

I have bad anxiety so I began taking Xanax (Friday

Posted on Mon, 1 Apr 2019
Question: I have bad anxiety so I began taking Xanax (Friday Night) in the midst of one of my closest friends moving out (poly-pharmacy) and have been sad and lonely and scared hence the substance use. I also use concurrently with cannabis. I also have multiple medical issues that are fairly serious (epilepsy **no aura** Ammonia that I assure rises rapidly as I have experienced this first hand. Very scary. On top of this, I have a new roommate and do not trust him for undisclosed reasons. So I am worried my close friend is disappointed in my Xanax use and this hurts and have no idea how to cope.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Suggestions about the treatment explained below in details.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I understand your concern.

Xanax is medication to treat anxiety for immediate relief.

I suggest to use antidepressants for long term use such as Prozac.

It is a prescription medication, so you should consult your doctor before using it.

I would recommend to use a vitamin B supplement
which reduces stress and anxiety levels.

I also recommend to eat a healthy diet, exercise regularly and medicate or do yoga.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi