I have atropic kidney one good and one bad and

Dr. Ravi Bansal

Nephrologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I have atropic kidney one good and one bad and I have low blood pressure after waking up is there a reason for that.
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
atrophic kidney - no relation to BP

Detailed Answer:

Hi,,

If you have a single atrophic kidney we need to see the reason for it. if it is congenital. you dont have to do anything and it is not likely be cause of low BP.

low Bp occurs if-
1. infection
2. heart problems
3. low protein levels.
4. Dehydration

It you do not have any swelling of legs and have a normal kidney function you can take one to 2 glasses of water when you getup in morning. if the problem remains then you need a detailed testing to find the cause.

best wishes

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Ravi Bansal 6 hours later
is it possible to drink a lot of water and still be dehydrated
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO

Detailed Answer:

If your water intake is adequate 2 to 3 litre then it is unlikely that you will be dehydrated. Only is you are loosing more that you are drinking-- by sweating, diarrhea, vomiting or too much urine by use of diuretic medications.

Follow up: Dr. Ravi Bansal 30 hours later
I have a red marck that looks like it could be psorisis or it could be related my medication losartan.

How would I know and how could you improve the skin in relation to kidney problems
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not related to losartan

Detailed Answer:

skin changes in kidney disease are generally dryness and itching over the skin. You can use moisturizing body lotion for the same. red patches or marks generally are not part of kidney disease. they may be part of psoriasis. You should know that psoriasis can affect the kidneys. You should consult a dermatologist ( skin specialist) for evaluation of the skin patches.

best wishes