question-icon

I have and infected hemorrhoid . It popped and just

Posted on Fri, 8 Mar 2019
Question: I have and infected hemorrhoid. It popped and just blood came out. I was wondering what to do now. Should I take antibiotic? What should I not next?

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (5 hours later)
Brief Answer:
It looks like Thrombosed Haemorrhoid

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As per your description,it looks like Thrombosed Haemorrhoid.
Infection of Haemorrhoid is very very rare and I have not seen a single case of it since 20years.But,I have seen infection after surgery for Haemorrhoids.
Bleeding per Rectum associated with pain goes in favour of Thrombosed Haemorrhoid.I prefer to remove it immediately under Spinal anaesthesia.Some prefer to wait for the swelling to come down and then do Surgery later.There is no role of Antibiotic before Surgery.Ibuprofen 800mg thrice a day is not good for kidneys.
I request you to consult your Surgeon immediately and proceed with Surgery.It can be done under local anaesthesia also if Spinal anaesthesia is contraindicated.
You will have tremendous relief.
Take high fiber diet.Alchohol,Non Vegetarian diet, Smoking, Spicy food should be stopped completely.
Drink plenty of liquids.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon