I have an awful rash on my face, it burns
Eczema and its management
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.
It is looking like eczema.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like Mometasone cream on the affected areas twice daily along with the frequent and liberal application of moisturizing cream on the entire face 3-4 times in a day.
Also, take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching and irritation.
Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Avoid harsh soaps, use a soap-free cleanser for washing face, use lukewarm water instead of hot water, avoid dry cold winds and keep your face moisturised.
Hope to have answered your query.
I would be happy to answer any further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the symptoms of scabies?
- Suggest treatment for superficial folliculitis on inner thigh
- Suggest treatment for graying of hair and hair loss
- What causes red colored lesion on the hips?
- Suggest treatment for dry lips
- Suggest treatment for recurrent acne
- Suggest treatment for itching in the armpits
- What causes tiny skin tags in neck area?
- How to get rid of body lice?
- Suggest treatment for itching on neck, hands and legs