I have an awful rash on my face, it burns

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 11 Jan 2019 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have an awful rash on my face, it burns when water touches it, the skin is very red and flaky. I presume it could be eczema. I have also had other all bumpy patches that come and go on my arms and legs but those are never painful. Can I send an image of the rash around my chin for your clinical impression?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eczema and its management

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have gone through your query and reviewed the attached photographs.

It is looking like eczema.
I would recommend you to apply topical steroid like Mometasone cream on the affected areas twice daily along with the frequent and liberal application of moisturizing cream on the entire face 3-4 times in a day.

Also, take antihistaminic like tablet Cetirizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching and irritation.

Steroidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Avoid harsh soaps, use a soap-free cleanser for washing face, use lukewarm water instead of hot water, avoid dry cold winds and keep your face moisturised.

Hope to have answered your query.
I would be happy to answer any further queries.

Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee