question-icon

I have an UNopened box of single-use Restasis that has

Posted on Fri, 22 Mar 2019
Question: I have an UNopened box of single-use Restasis that has expired. I've moved to a new state and don't yet have new doctors. Can I safely use the drops. Will they simply be slightly less effective, or actually harmful?
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Probably the drops are safe and can be used.

Detailed Answer:

Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If the drops are sealed, have been stored in a cool, dry place the drops would still be safe and effective.

They do not have the same effectiveness but can be safe to use.

If you see any changes in color or odor of the product I suggest you to avoid using it.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi