I have a yeaat infection I believe and fungal infection

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Mon, 24 Dec 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a yeaat infection I believe and fungal infection on skin. I need medication please help
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Clotrimazole...

Detailed Answer:

Dermatophytosis (fungal infection on skin) would respond to treatment with antifungal agents. Topical agents like clotrimazole might be available over the counter. You can try it - apply a thin layer on the affected area for 2 - 3 weeks.

However if the area affected are too many and too large, I would favour use of oral antifungal agents like itraconazole. This is a prescription only drug. Your local doctor will know about it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 18 minutes later
Thank you! Are you able to call it into my pharmacy or fax it in? The oral medication
Answered by Dr. Prasad 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
I wouldn't be able to do that...

Detailed Answer:

The laws of the state as well as ethics do not allow us to write a prescription or call for it without a physical examination. You need to visit a doctor for oral medication.