question-icon

I have a white sore in mouth near root of

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2019
Question: I have a white sore in mouth near root of tooth for the past week. I've had similar sores I'm the last year near root of teeth but different locations. I've also had some pain near my jawline on the same side. is this simply a canker sore or could it be anything else? images from day 2 and day 7 approximately are attached.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Probably cancer sores, please try to attach again the photos.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to cancer sore.

I didn't receive the attached photos, so please attach them again to help me confirm the diagnosis.

I recommend using anti inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen 400 mg three times a day in case of pain.

I recommend using mouth rinse which contains steroid ingredients to reduce inflammation.

I also suggest using topical creams containing benzocaine such as Anbesol. You should apply the paste three or four times a day for relief.

Meanwhile, you should also take a vitamin supplement that contains folate, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and zinc.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (1 hour later)
I've uploaded approximately day 2 and day 7 images.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi (9 hours later)
Brief Answer:
I already reviewed the attached reports, it is a simple canker sore.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again dear,

I already reviewed the attached reports.

I confirm that the symptoms seem to be related to a simple canker sore.

I suggest you to follow the advice that I give above.

The symptoms should go away in a few days, you should not be worried.

Wishing you all the best.

Take care dear,

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi General
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi