I have a urine infection, it started a week ago.
Please see detalied answer below
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
UTI is common in female and may cause the symtoms you said .Moslty it need few days of antibiotics. .Howevr I think we need to see it a bit more seriously if things have not worked for you .
The first thing is that we should confirm the presence of infection by getting a urine test done.( if not already done).
Second if there is infection , we should do a cultureand sensitive of urine , that would tell us about the germ causing your infection and also the drug that would work against the bug.This is very important in such cases where UTI is recurrent.This is also important where one antibiotics has failed .
The antibiotics you used is quite effective in UTI so it's failure is a concern.
One more important thing is that gyrabloc and zindolin are from same group ( quinilones ) so if the former has not worked , the latter may also fail though not necessarily.
Third thing that we shoudl chek for any possible complication like sepsis , abscess or derranged renal functions , which is not common but still possible.
So I understand we should take it a bit more serious .I would advise that instead of using more self medicine, you should go to your doctor and get tests done .They well also look if there is any thing else , or for any cimplications of the infection and your base line blood tests .
Hope I have answered your question. Please feel free to ask anything else you need to know. kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol