Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

180 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have a urine infection, it started a week ago.

Answered by
Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 1845 Questions

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: I have a urine infection, it started a week ago. At first my temp was 39.1 it took days to drop. But it unstable. I bought over the counter antibotics called gyrablock 400mg . But feels like they are not working . I'm drinking boild water and pee very little. Also not able to poop . Today i hsbe changed the antiboties for zindolin 500mg . Which i have not started yet first pill 6pm this evening. I alse sweat and have shavers around 1am. I hsve no engey due to lack of food. I am a woman of 53 and had urine infection twice this year but not this bad.
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please see detalied answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
UTI is common in female and may cause the symtoms you said .Moslty it need few days of antibiotics. .Howevr I think we need to see it a bit more seriously if things have not worked for you .
The first thing is that we should confirm the presence of infection by getting a urine test done.( if not already done).
Second if there is infection , we should do a cultureand sensitive of urine , that would tell us about the germ causing your infection and also the drug that would work against the bug.This is very important in such cases where UTI is recurrent.This is also important where one antibiotics has failed .
The antibiotics you used is quite effective in UTI so it's failure is a concern.
One more important thing is that gyrabloc and zindolin are from same group ( quinilones ) so if the former has not worked , the latter may also fail though not necessarily.
Third thing that we shoudl chek for any possible complication like sepsis , abscess or derranged renal functions , which is not common but still possible.
So I understand we should take it a bit more serious .I would advise that instead of using more self medicine, you should go to your doctor and get tests done .They well also look if there is any thing else , or for any cimplications of the infection and your base line blood tests .

Hope I have answered your question. Please feel free to ask anything else you need to know. kind Regards Dr Mahboob ur Rahman
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on