Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

157 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have a urge towards sex very deeply, but when

Answered by
Dr. Prasad

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2005

Answered : 3148 Questions

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2018 in Sexual Health
Question: I have a urge towards sex very deeply, but when i near my girl I get so anxious and I cannot stand long during intercourse. Kindly help me like how I can improve my sexual intercourse for a good time. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Foreplay is important...

Detailed Answer:

Based on your description, you seem to have performance anxiety issues. Performance anxiety affects both erection. It may also cause premature ejaculation, which may result in unsatisfactory results.

To begin with, it is important to discuss issues more freely with your partner. It is also important to include plenty of foreplay before intercourse. Both these aspects will reduce the anxiety leading to better sexual performance.
Besides these there are medications available to treat erection and premature ejaculation specifically. If you are able to explain your problem better - do you loose erection or do you have premature ejaculation, we can discuss more on individual treatment options.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Prasad 15 hours later
Dear doctor,

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I have premature ejaculation and its bit annoying me and I am feeling mentally low of this early ejaculation.

What's the average ejaculation time of intercourse in an average men?

Kindly seek your advice and medication if required.

Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
2-4 minutes

Detailed Answer:

Most men ejaculate within 2-4 minutes after starting intercourse.

If premature ejaculation is affecting sexual life and relationship, then I suggest the following:

1. Involve in foreplay.
2. Try start and stop method. Here, the intercourse is stopped as soon as the urge to ejaculate occurs. You may squeeze the base of penis for a few seconds until the urge disappears and restart sexual intercourse. This activity will prevent ejaculation and prolong intercourse.
3. Try woman on top position. Lot of men who had PME were able to able to control ejaculation and prolong intercourse with woman on top position.
4. Try desensitization. There are desensitizing agents available that numbs the area and prevents early ejaculation. Desensitization agents are available as creams and spray (climax spray). These are to be applied on the penis (shaft and glans). Similarly some condoms come smeared with desensitizing agents. Example Durex extended pleasure condoms.
5. Medications. If none of these works, then there are oral medications available. Example duralast tablets / TD pill tablets. They are prescribed by your physician.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on