I have a tender soreness, like a bruise on my
Kindly asked for more details and a photo.
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
I understand your concern.
There are many medical conditions related to your symptoms.
A photo is needed to help me through the diagnosis.
Some other details that I may need are:
Is the area of hairline itchy?
It can be a fungal infection.
Is the area of hairline dry?
Do you have any other medical condition?
Do you use any medication?
Have you changed recently the shampoo or conditioner?
I will be waiting for your response.
Please try to reply every question, so I will be able to help you better.
Meanwhile, I recommend to use Calmine lotion to relieve the symptoms and to massage gently the area.
I also suggest to avoid stress which can trigger the symptoms.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Hairline is not itchy. No fungal infection. No medical condition other than rare Afib. No new shampoos.
I take Valsartan 160mg, Atorvastatin 10mg, and Eliquis 5mg twice daily.
Multi vitamin. Graminex extract
Berberine HCI 1200mg
Probably a mild form of seborrheic dermatitis, follow the advice below.
Hi again dear,
Based on the information provided I would say that your symptoms seem to be related to a mild form of seborrheic dermatitis.
I recommend to use an over-the-counter dandruff shampoo for sensitive scalp.
I also recommend using Calmine lotion for local application.
I recommend to use always sunscreen.
In case that the hairline is too sensitive you can also try over the counter anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen.
Take care dear,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of excessive sweating resulting in the feeling of been...
- What can cause itching and welts on the upper abdomen?
- How to treat itching of the skin with small scabs on hands and arms?
- What type of exercises are advisable for a patient with high blood...
- What causes severe pelvic pain after engaging in sexual intercourse?
- Can Simvastatin cause side-effects after being on it for 4 years?
- What do abdominal pain with difficulty urinating indicate?
- Does mold causes heart palpitation and hot flashes?
- Can Ketamine help treat chronic depression in an elderly person?
- How can itchy rashes on the stomach be treated despite using Lotrix lotion?