I have a tear from above minus that runs vertical
Please give details and post actual photographs if possible.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Your age and gender?
Since when has this happened?
Any pain, discharge?
Any medical problems related to intestinal tract, diabetes or so?
Are you working/staying in hot and humid conditions.
If possible please post clear and focused photos as this helps in many a cases.
Awaiting for your feedback.
Looks to be psoriasis and secondary infection
Thanks for your feedback and image.
The commonest cause I can think of is Psoriasis of the inter-gluteal cleft.
This might have been added with the closed position of the cleft causing hte sweat and secretions getting accumulated further complicating the skin lesion.
You are correctly doing it: cleaning and keeping the area dry.
It is better to avoid ointments at the moment as they add on softening of the already diseased skin.
You may please apply Liquid Povidone Iodine (Betadine) locally to avoid/control secondary infection after a tests patch with a drop of it.
Also take multivitamins with mineral with adequate Vitamin A and D - as these help to restore the healing of skin.
A course of an antibiotic and metronidazole in low dosages helps if there is any secondary infection.
Please get all these things confirmed by consulting your Dermatologist as it will be examined and investigated well.
I hope you are not diabetic, please get blood Sugars and HbA1c checked.
I hope this answer helps you.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
And give feedback after a consulting a Dermatologist and further results.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is testosterone injections safe to improve libido?
- Will scratching my finger with a nail post cause any infection?
- Will Tramadol help in having normal stools post colectomy?
- Why am I having severe eye pain and blurry vision after taking...
- What causes stomach pain and blood in stool?
- Can continuos cough be symptoms of whooping cough?
- Suggest treatment for Low testosterone level and High TSH level?
- Suggest treatment for bloating and difficulty in passing urine when...
- Ia it normal to have foot pain post bunion operation?
- What are the different treatment options for uncontrollable bowel...