I have a tapeworm and need some medicine for it

Dr. Shyam B. Kale

Posted on Tue, 2 Apr 2019 in Infections
Question: I have a tapeworm and need some medicine for it could I please get some help ASAP I use Walgreens pharmacy Waycross XXXXXXX the phone number is 0000 it is Walgreens on memorial drive if I could please get something called in for it
Answered by Dr. Shyam B. Kale 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
can take Tab. Praziquentral 600 mg single dose after consultation.

Detailed Answer:

I can understand. As you have tapeworm infection, for that you can take Tab. Praziquantal 600 mg single dose or Tab. Albendazole 400 mg once a day of 3 days after physician consultation. Avoid raw or undercooked meat. Freeze well before use. Maintain proper hygiene.

You can check if any of the above medicines are available over-the counter. In order to get a written prescription, you will need to see a local doctor and he will prescribe medication.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you.

Dr. Shyam Kale
General and Family physician.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj