I have a swollen testicle that is very painful, I

Oncologist
Question
I have a swollen testicle that is very painful, I have ice on it now which helps with the pain and swelling. Not sure what has happened?
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go to ER

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for sending the query.

There are a few possibilities here but bottom line is that this should be evaluated ASAP.

One possibility is testicular torsion - a true emergency that occurs when there is twisting of the tubes and vessels that are connected to the testicle.

Other possible causes include epididymiitis which is inflammation of one of the tubes connected to the testicle. this is often treated with antibiotics.

In order to find the true cause of your symptoms and minimize risk of damage to the testicle it is important that you have this evaluated as soon as possible by your local doctor.

Thanks again for the query,

Sincerely,

Dr Galamaga