Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have a sudden onset of diaherria, there are small

Answered by
Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2012

Answered : 1959 Questions

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a sudden onset of diaherria, there are small white opaque spheres floating in the surface. Also sort of a mucusy but raggy looking stuff floating in the water. I have been checked for intestinal parasites, all negative.
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see detalied answer

Detailed Answer:
Hi and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor "service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
Diarrhea is quite common and most of the times do not need to worry about .Causes are many including infection , malabsorption , food poisoning and many more.
Howe'ver untI'll diarrhea is very severe or prolonged we do not need to worry a lot.Most of the diarrhea are caused by infection ( viral or bcterial , parasites ) or bad foods and would settle it self in few days .It does not need any treatment except we incourage to take more fluids to avoid dehydration.
The white spheres are mostly undigested food which do commonly occurs with doarrhea along with some mucous .
So I understand , if diarrhea is not too much , and not for long time or more then a week, you shoud just take more fluids I hope it would settle in few days .
However if any of the follwoing is present you should see your doctor ..
1 .persistent vomiting
2. blood in stool
3.Low bp or fainting
3 .black stool
5. diarrhea is very frequent
or our feel very sick.

In the absence of above or any other concern if you have , genrally it's not a serious issue.
Hope it helps .Let me knw if I can assist you further.
Kind Regards Dr Rahman

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on