I have a small, dime-sized red spot on my shoulder,
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have read your query and viewed the image.
I can see a red scaly oval patch of skin. It seems like a fungal infection. I suggest you to apply an OTC topical antifungal e.g clotrimazole 1% cream or miconazole 2% cream, twice daily for 2 weeks.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Regarding fungal infection
Yes, pets can be a carrier for dermatophytes- the fungus which causes superficial fungal infection.
let me know if you need any more assistance
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body