I have a sharp periodic throbbing pain on right side
Could be nerve compression in thoracic spine or ribs
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have read the complaints. The painful episodes are very brief . also it seems that you have not noticed any swelling in the area.
My opinion would be a neurological pain secondary to pressure on one of thoracic nerves, either at thoracic vertebra or along the nerve. I would recommend a combination of pregabalin and methycobalamine and spinal extension exercises.
In case you don't feel relieved in a week's time then please get orthopedic check up.
Thanks and please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?