I have a sharp pain on my left side especially

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I have a sharp pain on my left side especially when I cough
Sun, 4 Feb 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Probably just pulled intercostal muscle.

Detailed Answer:

Hi and welcome.

Well, if you are talking about pain in chest then it is probably just pulled intercostal muscle or pinched nerve and it should be treated with rest, nonsteroid painkillers.

If this is felt in deep chest and left arm then you need to see cardiologist for further evaluation. Otherwise it may be beginning of pneumonia or pleurodynia and pulmologist evaluation is required.

Wish you good health. Regards

Follow-up: I have a sharp pain on my left side especially 4 hours later
no chest pain but lot of pain difficulty sittin and then standing. would heat help

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Yes, then this is probably neuromuscular pain..YOu can apply heat pads and take nonsteroid painkillers and it should pass.