question-icon

I have a sharp pain in my upper chest area,

Posted on Sun, 17 Feb 2019
Question: I have a sharp pain in my upper chest area, when I try to deep breathe, it is very sharp. Could this be gas? Just got a clean XXXXXXX of health from my PCP on Thursday...said my chances for heart problems within the next ten years are 1%. I am female and 77.
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Possible muscular pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

I don't think this kind of pain is heart related. It seems more like muscular pain that generates from chest muscles. Also another possibility is that this pain may come from lungs if you were going through a pulmonary tract infection recently like cold, bronchitis or pneumonia and a scar may have developed causing pain when lungs are retracted.
I think you can do an x_ray to check for any scar or other lesions.
I
Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Olgeta Xhufka