I have a sharp pain in my upper chest area,
Possible muscular pain
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I don't think this kind of pain is heart related. It seems more like muscular pain that generates from chest muscles. Also another possibility is that this pain may come from lungs if you were going through a pulmonary tract infection recently like cold, bronchitis or pneumonia and a scar may have developed causing pain when lungs are retracted.
I think you can do an x_ray to check for any scar or other lesions.
Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.