I have a question about penile burning pain. I have
Another report that wouldnt upload is a test that was Chlamydia, Amplified DNA and N, Gonorrhoeae Amplified DNA both negative
Please view reports and everything i have typed.
Please provide few more details .
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have burning pain in penis since one month which you have noticed to be started after having a oral sex .
I shall be happy if you can post me more details to help me in making precise comments
1) Do you have pain in perineum ( Area between scrotum and Anus) ?
2) Do you have pain while ejaculating?
3) Do you have pain in bladder area ?
4) How long you have been taking Bactrim D.S and Doxicycline ?
5) Has Urologist done a Digital Rectal Examination (DRE) while you were examined ?
6) Was a swab test of a discharge from the penis (collected after DRE) was done to confirm the diagnosis of Prostatitis ?
7) Was a Semen culture done ?
8) Are you Diabetic?
In view of you getting burning in penis after oral sex I think it to be due to inflammation of urethral mucosa (Urethritis) rather than prostatitis.
You can try anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac and Serropeptidase twice daily for 10 days.
Waiting for feedback .Do not hesitate to write if you have more questions.
Thanks and Regards.
Yes on that date he did a prostate exam and expressed some liquid out of my penis after massage and looked at it under a microscope and said it had puss in it.
No semen culture was done.
I was on Doxicycline for 2 weeks.
I was on Bactrim for a couple days then had a bad reaction so was put on Cipro for 2 weeks.
I have no pain in bladder area or perineum.
I did have a little burning after ejaculation.
Continue taking Doxicycline along with Diclofenac twice daily
Thanks for feedback .Based on feed back you do not have symptoms typical of Prostatitis
It looks that the concerned Urologist has done microscopic examination of urethral discharge collected after prostate examination .
Ideally it has to be send to Lab for what is called as Gram Staining to confirm the diagnosis .
Semen culture is sensitive test and important tool to confirm the diagnosis of Prostatitis and guide to take appropriate antibiotics .
Take medication for 10 days more .If problem persists then go for semen culture .
Thanks and Regards.
Ensure to drink more water before sexual activity.
I would suggest to get Semen culture done.
Thanks for follow up
Since one has to take antibiotics for long period it is always advisable to take appropriate antibiotics as per culture report that will help to eradicate the infection rather than to change the antibiotic after taking antibiotics which has not helped at all .
Hence I will still suggest you to insist your Urologist for Semen culture.
Thanks and Regards
Can you call in a lab Corp test for me to give semen culture? My doc mentioned in the beginning no need to do that. And I can’t go to Labcorp with out a doc saying I need that test
Read details below
Thanks for follow up .
EPS is cell count in Expressed Prostatic Secretions obtained after doing a prostatic massage .Ideally this is done thrice a week in a patient who is under treatment with antibiotics suspected to have Prostatitis .
Single reading has no significance .The efficacy of the treatment is evaluated by doing prostatic massage thrice a week and the cell count is measured in a Expressed Prostatic Secretion .Based on the cell count detected one gets a gross idea whether treatment is effective or not .
.However since patient has to go through a painful procedure of prostatitis massage repeatedly this is generally avoided and Semen culture is preferred instead which helps to detect the bacteria causing infection and their antibiotic sensitivity so as to avoid taking antibiotics blindly .
As regards semen culture you have to insist or request your Urologist to get semen culture done .
This is the modality we Urologist in XXXXXXX follow routinely .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?